I really love dishes that have minimal dishes involved. Throw everything in a bowl and eat it – that’s me! So awhile ago I started seeing these things called Buddha Bowls, then I came across this amazing book on Amazon called Whole Bowls. It became one of my favorite cookbooks very quickly thanks to all the recipes also being gluten-free.
The idea of a buddha bowl is simple. Each part of the bowl is made up of something; a grain/seed, leafy greens, protein (like beans/lentils/tofu etc), more vegetables, perhaps something crunchy on top and a dressing or sauce. Super simple and tasty.
Buddha bowls are also known as macro bowls or protein bowls but whatever you call it, it’s genius. An entire meal in a bowl, with lots of color and flavor. I’m developing my own recipes for Moroccan inspired buddha bowls but in the meantime here are twenty other recipes that you can be inspired by and start exploring in your kitchen!
1. Winter Vegetable Buddha Bowl
2. Masala Chickpea Buddha Bowl
3. Sweet and Spicy Tofu Buddha Bowl
4. Healthy Vegan Buddha Bowl
5. Spicy Tofu and Pinto Bean Bowls
6. Garden Veggie Buddha Bowl with Lentils & Tahini Sauce
7. Root Veggie Buddha Bowls with Tahini Sauce
8. The Get Grounded Buddha Bowl
9. Portobello Fajita Buddha Bowls
10. Fall Harvest Buddha Bowl with Creamy Cashew Apple Cider Dressing
11. Vegan Buddha Bowl
12. Paleo Winter Bowl
13. Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl
14. Baked Tofu Bowl with Carrot Noodles
15. Spring Green Buddha Bowl
16. Asian Wild Salmon Buddha Bowl
17. DIY Macro Bowl
18. Winter Buddha Bowl
19. Curried Cauliflower Chickpea Buddha Bowl
20. Vegan Buddha Bowl w/ Curry Chickpeas
So which one will you try? I know I love the wild salmon buddha bowl and the masala chickpea bowl. Drop me a comment if you try one with your favorite! I’m also hoping to put together some Moroccan inspired versions – wouldn’t that be great?!?